How to cut spindle in the SK703 to fit my door?
The spindle included in the SK703 can fit doors up to 2.25" thick.
So if your door is thinner than that, you need to cut down the spindle.
Follow the steps below.
- Place the outside housing assembly against the outside of your door. Hold it in place with by hand, temporarily.
- Insert the Y shape end of the spindle into the middle hole from the inside, making sure the spindle is bottom up. Handle it carefully when inserting the spindle to prevent it from dropping into the door.
- The spindle should project out from inside the door surface by 3/4" to 7/8". See picture below. Mark a line on the spindle.
- Pull out the spindle and cut off beyond the marked line.
- Now the spindle is properly prepared. You can assemble the whole lock set following the instructions included, or you can find them here.